fb pixel

Registration Information & Procedures

Prior to registration for graduate programs, a meeting with your advisor or supervisor is required. If you are unable to meet in person prior to registration to discuss your course options, please consult with them via phone or email well in advance of the registration deadline.

After meeting with your advisor or supervisor you must register online through Student Planning. Once you have submitted your registration online, your advisor or supervisor will review and approve the registration. Allow sufficient time to ensure you are registered properly in your course(s) of choice and for your advisor and program chair/coordinator to approve your registration. It is strongly recommended that you do not wait until the final day to register.

If you have further questions or encounter problems registering online, please contact Dagmawit Habtemariam, Graduate Studies Enrolment and Budget Officer, at 204-786-9309.

Registration After the Course Change Period

You must meet with your program advisor or supervisor to discuss your course changes. Your registration form must be signed accordingly prior to submission of your registration form - without the supervisor signature(s), your registration will not be processed and will be returned to the department.

Registration forms are available on the forms page.

Please submit your completed registration form to Student Central (1st Floor Rice Building), 489 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2E9 after which they will be processed in sequential order. If you have questions about your registration, please contact Eric Benson, Coordinator, Student Records (Graduate Studies) at 204-786-9466.

International Students - Study Permit Required (effective May 30, 2012)

The Government of Canada requires students who are neither citizens nor permanent residents to obtain a Study Permit to study in Canada. Effective immediately, The University of Winnipeg requires an up-to-date record of your Study Permit to ensure your eligibility to study in Canada at The University of Winnipeg.

All registered international students at The University of Winnipeg must present their original Study Permit to Eric Benson. Current records of this information are required to ensure your eligibility to study in Canada at the University of Winnipeg. Registrations may not be processed until this document has been submitted.

It is important to renew your Study Permit well before it expires to ensure your continued eligibility. Any renewed Study Permit must be presented to Eric Benson in order to update the student record.

For more information regarding Study Permits, please visit here.

For circumstances outside of normal course registration procedures, including TRIGGERING your second, third, and fourth year of fees, please consult the links below:

Paper Registration
Additional Registration Information