fb pixel

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm an accepted UWinnipeg student who needs help with degree planning and course selection.  Can you help? 

Yes!  Staff in Academic and Career Services would be happy to set up an appointment with you via zoom or phone, or we can answer your questions via email.  We really appreciate if you send your full name, student number, program of study and general availability if you are requesting an appointment.  You will then be connected with an Advisor who can assist you further.   

Email us at advising@uwinnipeg.ca  

I'd like some assistance with career planning or employment preparation. Can you help? 

Yes!  We would be happy to connect you with a Career Advisor who can assist you further.  For an appointment, please email us at careers@uwinnipeg.ca

It is very helpful if you provide your full name, student number and type of career/employment assistance you are seeking in your request (such as career exploration, career planning, job-seeking strategies, resume preparation, interview skills, graduate studies test preparation, etc.). 


I haven't applied to UWinnipeg yet, but I am interested in learning more.  What is my next step?

Please contact our Recruitment department at: welcome@uwinnipeg.ca  They are happy to speak with prospective students about programs at UWinnipeg, student life here, and how to apply.


I know which courses I want to register for, but I am having technical difficulties.  Who can help?

If you are having technical difficulties with the registration process, please email our Registration staff at: registration@uwinnipeg.ca.


I would like to declare my major or to change it. How do I do this? 

Forms and instructions on how to declare your major can be found here: Student Services Forms.

I have questions about my transfer credit.  Who should I speak to?

Please email our Admissions department at: admissions@uwinnipeg.ca.

I would like to learn about scholarships, bursaries and student aid. Who can help?

Please send your inquiry to awards@uwinnipeg.ca.

I am a first-year student and I’m not sure where to begin.  What do you recommend?

We recommend watching our series of videos:  First-Year Information Videos.

We also suggest you attend a First-Year Information session as soon as possible. Sign up here: First-Year Information Sessions.

Our First-Year Essentials guide also has an abundance of useful information: First-Year Essentials Guide

For information on registering for courses and using our Student Planning tool, please see our video series here:  Student Planning Instructional Videos.  

The Academic Calendar features information regarding degree and major requirements and serves as one of your primary sources for planning your studies: Academic Calendar

You might also find our Sample First-year programs helpful: Sample First-Year Programs

How do I know which courses I need to take?

Please refer to the Areas of Study section of the Academic Calendar for an outline of what is required for your program of study:  Academic Calendar - areas of study.  

Your program requirements can also be found under the My Progress section of Student Planning.  We recommend that you use both the Academic Calendar and Student Planning when determining which courses you are required to take.

If you are a student who is pursuing pre-professional studies, you can find details here: Pre-professional Studies

I'm a former UWinnipeg student who took some time off and would now like to return.  How do I do this?

Please find information and instructions on applying for continuance here: Future Students -Continuing



I am having trouble completing my coursework and need some advice.  Who can help me? 

An Academic Advisor would be happy to connect with you to discuss your options. Please email us advising@uwinnipeg.ca to arrange an appointment.  Depending on your situation, we might recommend that you pursue an appeal.  You can find preliminary information about the different types of appeals here: Academic Advising - Appeals.


I am an Education student and I need some advising assistance.  Who should I contact? 

Students in Years 1-3 of the Integrated Education program should reach out to their Advisor, Meaghan Michaluk, with advising-related questions at: m.michaluk@uwinnipeg.ca

Students in Years 4-5 of the Integrated Education program, the After-Degree and the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Program (PBDE) should reach out to their Advisor, Amanda Bourgoin, with advising-related questions at: a.bourgoin@uwinnipeg.ca.


I need a Confirmation of Enrolment for my bank, health insurance company, or RESP provider.  How do I obtain this?

Confirmation of Enrolment letters can be requested via a form.  Instructions and the form can be found here: Enrolment Confirmation   The confirmation letters are prepared by Student Central.  Additional questions about this process can be directed to: studentcentral@uwinnipeg.ca.


I am a PACE student seeking Academic Advising. Who should I contact?

Full-time PACE (Professional Applied & Continuing Education) students should have received their advising contact information in their acceptance and orientation package.  Please refer to the communications you have received about your program.  Part-time PACE students seeking advising can email: paceptadvising@uwinnipeg.ca



Other Questions? 

Please email us at advising@uwinnipeg.ca