fb pixel

ICR Frequently Asked Questions

1) Who does the ICR apply to?
The ICR applies to all undergraduate students who registered for the first time in Fall 2016 or later.

2) Will I need to take an additional course to graduate?
No. Students must earn either 90 credit hours for a 3-year degree, or 120 credit hours for a 4-year degree; the number of courses students have to take to graduate did not change.

3) Will there be additional costs associated with this requirement?
No. The number of courses required to graduate did not change. 

4) Can a course from the approved list satisfy more than one degree requirement?
In some cases, courses fulfilling the ICR may also fulfill other degree requirements. For instance, a course that is in your Major and also meets the ICR can be used toward both of those requirements; a course which counts as Humanities and as ICR can fulfill both of those requirements. 

5) At which point during my undergraduate degree program am I required to fulfill the ICR?
The ICR can be fulfilled at any time while seeking an UG degree; however, students are strongly encouraged to fulfill the ICR as early as possible during their program of study.

6) A full list of ICR approved courses can be found here: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/indigenous/indigenous-course-requirement/icr-approved-course-list.pdf

*For further information, students may contact advising@uwinnipeg.ca