COVID 19 FAQ (Updated: July 2, 2021)


Back2gether Vaccination Campaign

Getting two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine is the quickest way to returning to the complete UWinnipeg experience. Visit to book your first or second dose appointment, get answers to commonly asked questions, sign up for your immunization card, and view other resources. 

Over the summer, we encourage the entire UWinnipeg community to use the #Back2gether hashtag to share our messages and keep up to date with our campaign. Campaign graphics for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn are also available for download on the UWinnipeg Flickr. 

Recent Updates

June 14, 2021 - Registration Update. The University of Winnipeg will resume in-person instruction for the 2021-22 academic year. The 2021 Fall Term timetable will be posted to our website on Tuesday, June 15 and course registration will open on Monday, July 5. UWinnipeg students will receive an email with their registration appointments later this week. Read more.

To look back on previous updates, view our update archive

UWinnipeg response to COVID-19

As part of our response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, this website has been created to provide the university community with the most up-to-date information about COVID-19. 

In keeping with public health advice and post-secondary institutions across Canada, UWinnipeg will deliver the bulk of its educational instruction through alternate modes of delivery for the 2020-21 academic year running September 2020 to August 2021.

Plans are in place to resume in-person instruction for the 2021-22 academic year. 

The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our top priority. Our planning is driven by our academic mission and is focused on ensuring that UWinnipeg will continue to deliver a top-quality educational experience for our students.

The University continues to follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada and Manitoba Health as they monitor, gather information, assess risk and recommend evidence-based approaches for health care providers and precautions for returning travelers.

Manitoba’s response aligns with that recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and being implemented by most Canadian provinces.

It is important to remember that every member of our university community should be treated with respect and dignity. No person should be targeted in any way or subjected to discrimination resulting from a misplaced perception that they may be a carrier of a communicable disease based on their perceived disability, race, ancestry, place of origin or otherwise. 

It is also important to maintain confidentiality should a student or employee be confirmed to have COVID-19 or other communicable illness.

If you have concerns about contracting COVID-19, you may wish to access the Manitoba COVID-19 screening tool posted online by Shared Health Manitoba. 

For links to more information, visit the Province of Manitoba and Government of Canada websites. These sites are being updated regularly with up-to-date, accurate information.