Current Student

Faculty of Business and Economics

Thank you for choosing to pursue your post-secondary studies with The Faculty of Business and Economics at The University of Winnipeg.  Your education is important to us!

Getting on the right track to completing your degree

Below, you will find the calendar information for each of the programs that our Faculty offers at the Undergraduate level:

All degree planning worksheets are now available through the New Student Planning Portal.  You can also

Book an appointment with an Academic Advisor for assistance.

Declaring your degree

You should declare your degree as soon as possible because you may be eligible for large scholarships (up to $10,000).  You would still be required to complete applications for the scholarships/awards but would be recognized as being part of the fastest growing Faculty on campus.

Declare your degree today by printing the form below that is associated with your degree. 

When to declare your degree

Please note that you can declare your degree at any time during your studies at The University of Winnipeg. However, it is strongly recommended that you declare at the end of your first year/beginning of your second year. You can also change your degree at any time. 

Changing your declaration

If you wish to change your declaration of degree, you must meet with the Department Representative. To set up an appointment with the Department Representative, please contact your Department Assistant:

Gaining work experience while at University

The University of Winnipeg's Co-operative Education Program provides Faculty of Business and Economics students with the opportunity to engage in paid work terms that are relevant to the student's area of study.

Work terms can start in May, September, or January and normally last for four months. The majority of placements happen in the summer work term (May to August).

For more information on The Co-op Program, please contact Jessica Adkin at, Co-op Coordinator, at or visit The Co-op Program webpage.

Study Abroad or Exchange Opportunities

The University of Winnipeg has several unique exchange opportunities available to students who have completed at least 24 credit hours and have al least a GPA of 3.0 or higher.

The Faculty of Business and Economics offers partial funding to Business or Economics students who are participating in Exchange opportunities. To find out about partial funding, please contact Rachel Hammerback, 204-786-9872

Tell me more about the University of Winnipeg's Study Aboard or Exchange Programs.

Courses offered next term

Check out the Timetable or log into your WebAdvisor account.

Get involved on campus

There are many ways you can become involved on campus.

You can join our Faculty's Student Associations:

There are also many competitions that you can participate in, that include:

  • JDCWest
  • GAAPS (Gathering of Accounting Associates, Professionals and Students) Case Competition
  • CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute Research Challenge
  • Royal Roads International Undergraduate Case Competition
  • Manitoba International Marketing Competition (MIMC)

More important links for University of Winnipeg Students and to our Student Group page.