fb pixel

Study Abroad - Outbound Exchange

Are you a UWinnipeg student who wants to study abroad and explore the world? Studying in another country offers students the unique opportunity to attend a university for one or two terms in another part of the world, while retaining UWinnipeg student status.

The University of Winnipeg is excited to announce the launch of a Students Leading Students, a brand new project to fund our students’ outbound exchange!

This Exchange opportunity will unlock students’ endless potential through life-changing global skills and experiences. This offering has been made possible by the Government of Canada’s new Global Skills Opportunity program. See Students Leading Students for more details.

Where Can I Go?
Your first step should be to research countries, universities, and programs that may be of interest. The University of Winnipeg has several partners across the world where we offer exchange programs. Click here for a complete list of our exchange partners. Here are some examples of places you could visit:

  • Australia
  • Brazil
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • Norway
  • South Korea
  • United Kingdom
  • And many more!

As we aim to make exchange opportunities accessible for all, you may choose to let us know on the application form of any accessibility needs/services you may require during an exchange, so that we can assist in finding a suitable host university to suit your required accommodations. If you would like to discuss prior to the application deadline, you can reach us at exchange@uwinnipeg.ca. Disclosing details about any required accommodations will have no impact on the selection process for the exchange program and your comments will not be shared outside of the UW Exchange Office.

Who is Eligible?

In order to qualify, students must:

  • Complete the application form
  • Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at UWinnipeg
  • Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
  • Submit two letters of recommendation (one academic, one personal)
  • Submit a 500 word personal statement of interest, and
  • Possess adequate proficiency in the relevant language in order to undertake courses on an exchange if the language of instruction at the partner university is not English.

Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are open! Please see our Application and Deadlines page for more information.

Are you an international student at one of our partner schools, wishing to come to Canada to study? Please see our Inbound Exchange Program website.