fb pixel

Withdrawal Policy (undergraduate)

Are you withdrawing from UWinnipeg and do not know the next steps?

Please refer to the following guide: 

 Are you currently registered in any courses?

  • If you are planning to leave the University before the add/drop deadline, drop all your courses through WebAdvisor/Student Planning to avoid getting charged.
  • If you are leaving the institution after the add/drop date but before the final drop deadline (voluntary withdrawal date), please withdraw from your courses through WebAdvisor/Student Planning before the voluntary withdrawal date to avoid getting an ‘F’ in your courses.
  • If you are leaving the institution after the final drop date, you will not be able to drop your courses. You can see the drop deadlines for each term HERE.
  • *DO NOT* simply stop attending class, as you will receive an F on your transcript. This will remain on your academic record and may transfer with you or impede your ability to apply for academic programs at UWinnipeg, or other institutions, in the future. 

Have you informed ISS about your decision to leave the institution?

  • Please email IIRSS at iss@uwinnipeg.ca to notify us.
  • If you have a student card from University of Winnipeg, surrender it to Student Central.
  • We will update our records and you will be reported as “not registered” on the compliance report to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Do I have to inform IRCC about my decision to withdraw from the institution?

  • It’s important that you inform IRCC about your decision to withdraw.
  • Log into IRCC secure account to change your Designated Learning Institution.
  • Once you log in to your account please click on ‘Students: Transfer schools’ to change institutions.
  • If you need assistance with updating your information with IRCC, please call the IRCC Call Centre or the institution that you are planning to attend. UWinnipeg cannot do this on your behalf.
  • If you are withdrawing from The University of Winnipeg but are not changing institutions, you should apply to change your status to visitor or leave Canada to avoid violating study permit conditions as this may jeopardize your current or future status in Canada

Do you have a tuition deposit/balance in your account?

  • All payments, including tuition deposits and pre-payments made prior to completing two full-time terms are non-refundable, except in cases of visa refusal.
  • Please fill out the Request for refund form and submit it to ISS if you are eligible.
  • Your refund will be sent back to the original source of payment only. Funds will not be sent to other bank accounts and will not be transferred to other universities or institutions.