Registration is the process of choosing and enrolling in courses as well as dropping courses or making other changes. Follow the steps below for a smooth registration experience for undergraduate courses.
(Note: Before you can register for any courses, you must first apply for admission to the University and receive acceptance - see How to Apply.)
STEP 1 - Read through the Basics:
STEP 2 - Know Important Dates:
STEP 3 - Search Course Information:
- WebAdvisor/Student Planning (Online Registration System)
- NOW AVAILABLE: “Student Planning” - This great new online tool is here! For information, please go to Student Planning.
- Academic Calendar
- Jump Start [PDF] - Summer courses (July/August) - TBA
- Indigenous Course Requirement<--NEW!
- Online & VOD courses
- SAMPLE First-Year Programs
- Degree/Program Planning Worksheets
- Timetable - Blank Worksheets [PDF]
- For further assistance, see Academic Advising or Student Central
STEP 4 - Plan, Schedule and Register for Courses:
- WebAdvisor & Student Planning Instructions [PDF] <-- NEW!: See these updated instructions for
using the new “Student Planning” online tool. Also, view Student Planning Videos.
- Requisite Waivers, Department Approvals & Granted Petitions
- Wait Lists
- Auditing Courses
- Course Drops
- For WebAdvisor/Student Planning questions, contact Student Central at 204.779.UWIN (8946)
If you are not able to register online, please see Other Ways to Register
STEP 5 - After registration:
- Online & VOD courses - instructions for accessing:
- Pay your Fees
Important: Payment by Visa or Mastercard is no longer accepted when paying fees in-person at Student Central.
- Get your STUDENT ID CARD and rent a LOCKER
- Buy your books
- Check out the HEALTH PLAN - for Canadian Students OR International Students
- Sign up for your Duckworth Centre Fitness Membership
- Get your UWSA Transit U-Pass