Emergency Response Guidelines
If You Suspect a Bomb:
- Do not open it
- Isolate the letter or package
- Evacuate the area
- Let your supervisor know
- Contact the Winnipeg Police Service 911 and advise Security 8.204.786.6666.
If You Suspect A Harmful Chemical or Biological Substance:
- Leave the package where it is
- Evacuate the room
- If possible close all doors and windows
- Advise your supervisor
- Contact the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service 911 requesting the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Team and advise Security 8.204.786.6666.
- Isolate the area where the package was found.
- Isolate yourself in another area that has a telephone and wait for the emergency responders to arrive.
If you touched a suspicious letter or package that could possibly contains a harmful substance or got some on your clothes follow these instructions
- Wash your hands well
- If possible shower with your clothes on
- Undress and seal your clothes in a plastic bag
- Shower again and put on fresh clothes.
- If not possible to shower await the arrival of the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service for de-contamination.
< Back to Emergency Response Guidelines Main