Hazardous Material Spill
Emergency Response Guidelines
Hazardous materials include chemicals, bio-hazardous waste and radioactive material. Any incident or spill involving hazardous materials must be reported.
In the event of a hazardous material spill:
- If it is safe to do so, clean up the spill, using appropriate protective equipment and supplies;
- If you cannot clean up the spill and it is safe to do so attempt to confine or contain the spill;
- If you cannot confine or contain the spill evacuate the area immediately;
- Contact Emergency Services 911 and/or Security Services 8.204.786.6666
- Close doors as you evacuate to isolate the area;
- Supervisor Staff and Security Services will prevent people from entering the contaminated area;
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 500 feet away from the affected building.
< Back to Emergency Response Guidelines Main