Bomb Threat / Suspicious Object
Emergency Response Guidelines
If possible, more than one person should listen to the incoming call.
- Make note of the EXACT WORDING of the message and the time;
- Keep the caller talking, obtaining as much information as possible;
- Question the caller, if possible, as to his/her motive, type of device, location, time of detonation;
- Listen for background noises, such as music, equipment, traffic, etc,
- Pay attention to the caller’s voice, is the caller a male or female, is the caller loud or soft spoken, did the caller speak fast or slow, did the caller have an accent;
- Notify your supervisor and Security Services 8.204.786.6666 from another telephone. Security Services will contact the Director of Emergency Operations and the Winnipeg Police Service
- The person receiving the threat must remain available for Police interview.
- The telephone where the threat was received must be monitored in the event of further threatening calls.
If a Suspicious Item is Located:
- Immediately notify Security Services 8.204.786.6666
- DO NOT touch or move the suspicious item.
- Move to a safe area and await the arrival of Security Services.
- Security Services will notify the Director of Emergency Operations and the Winnipeg Police Service
- All personnel, who receive a bomb threat via telephone, will complete the “Telephone Threat Procedures” form. (found here under RESOURCES).