fb pixel

Military Training and Service

Adult Learner Services and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) welcome and serve the needs of the Canadian Regular and Reserve Forces, retired members, and veterans as they complete degree programs at The University of Winnipeg. Our staff is dedicated to assist you in fulfilling your educational goals.

If you haven’t applied for admission and would like to discuss your prior learning and educational plan first, please contact us to schedule an in-person or telephone appointment by calling our assistant at 204-786-9257.


  1. Complete a UWinnipeg online application for admission.  For information about admission, go to Getting Started.
  2. If you have completed courses or programs from other post-secondary institutions – including the Royal Military College (RMC), submit the official transcripts for assessment of transfer credit
  3. Download and print the RPL Military Request Form. Review the approved list of military courses and indicate in the spaces provided, the military course acronym and/or code, as well as the date you completed the military course.
  4. As well, please specify your rank and the acronym used in the spaces provided on the bottom of the second page.
  5. Submit to the Coordinator of Adult Learner Services and RPL the completed RPL Military Request Form – including your full name, student number, email, date and signature along with your Member’s Personnel Record Resume (MPRR)

Recognition of Military Training is up to a maximum of 24 credit hours and for Service/Rank up to a maximum of 6 credit hours for a total of 30 credit hours.  RPL Military credits do not fulfil UWinnipeg’s residency requirements, they are included in the number of credit hours that you can transfer or PLAR – Challenge for Credit into your degree for up to a total of 60 credit hours.