fb pixel

Student Loans and Awards

Government Student Aid

Applying for government student aid can assist you with expenses during your studies abroad.

As residents of Canada, students going on an exchange program can apply for student aid through their home province. For students in Manitoba, please contact the Manitoba Student Aid Program. For those in another province in Canada, please contact your Provincial loan provider. 

Please visit the Awards and Financial Aid website for more information.

Awards and Scholarships

Students studying on a UWinnipeg exchange program can apply for all of the awards and scholarships they would normally apply for, if they were in Winnipeg. Please visit the In-Course Awards website.

NEW! Study Abroad Award.

Students will be able to apply for financial assistance through the University. The University of Winnipeg Study Abroad Award will provide 6 X $500 awards. The awards will be given to current students at The University of Winnipeg who participate in one of the University’s official student exchange programs, outside of Canada. Recipients must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 and demonstrate financial need. Applications will be available in July at Awards.