fb pixel


There are three convocation dates each year. The following is general information, please check the current UW Calendar for specific dates.

Fall Convocation - is typically held in October. Students must have completed all courses by August. The deadline to apply is August 1.

Winter Convocation - There is no formal ceremony, but degrees and diplomas are conferred in mid-February. Students must have completed all courses by December. The deadline to apply is November 1.

Spring Convocation - is typically held in June. Students must have completed all courses by April. The deadline to apply is February 1.

More information regarding Graduation.

Students must apply for graduation, even if they do not plan to attend convocation.Students must apply online through their WebAdvisor account.

Applying for a Salary Reclassification

Please note that the following is general information only. The University is not involved in matters related to salary reclassification and employment. Questions should be directed to your employer, or to the Professional Certification Unit in Russell. For more information, please visit Manitoba Education's website: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/profcert/salarycl.html

Students must order an official transcript, confirming conferral of the PBDE, and arrange for the university to send it directly to the Professional Certification Unit. Information on ordering transcripts, and a link to the transcript request form, can be found on the university's website: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/student-records/transcript-requests.html

Students are encouraged to order their transcripts when they apply to graduate, and request that the transcript be held until the PBDE is conferred at convocation.

Provincial Certification

To be eligible for the School Counsellor or Special Education Teacher certificates, candidates must have completed the PBDE, and must have accumulated a minimum of 2 years successful teaching experience while holding a valid Manitoba Permanent Professional teaching certificate. Students applying for this certification will also need to submit a "Verification of Teaching Experience" form available on the Manitoba Education website: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/profcert/handbook.html