fb pixel

Manitoba High School Students

Definition: You are a student currently studying at a high school in Manitoba (or have graduated from a high school in Manitoba), and you have either completed the high school admission requirements or will complete them by the end of grade 12.

Who is Eligible?

  • Be a high school graduate with at least 30 Manitoba high school credits, or hold a Mature Status Diploma and have completed the required courses (see below)
  • Have completed five credits at the grade 12 level, designated A, S, U or G level (of which three must be 40S)
  • Present a minimum one credit of core English (one of Comprehensive Focus, Literary Focus or Transactional Focus 40S) and one credit of Mathematics 40S (Pre-Calculus, Applied, or Essential/Consumer)
  • Have an average of at least 65% on the best three 40S courses including both core English 40S and Mathematics 40S, plus one other 40S credit from a different subject area.

How to Apply: Admissions Application
Students wishing to apply for admission are now required to self-report their grade 12 marks on the application.

Do You Have the Prerequisite Courses Needed for Your Major?

Some programs in the Faculties of Business and Economics, Kinesiology, Science, and Education, as well as some in Pre-professional Studies require that students have certain high school courses completed before they can start their studies.   The Faculty of Arts has no specific high school course requirements for their majors.

Make sure to check these lists:

Beginning Fall/Winter 2015-16, successfully completed accelerated or "42U" courses can be presented as part of the minimum high school requirements for admission and transferable university credit.

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)The University of Winnipeg recognizes the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) secondary school programs. We will take AP and IB courses into account when considering Admission Requirements, Proof of English Language Proficiency, Scholarships and University Credit.