fb pixel


Definition: You would like to complete some high school courses at your own high school while starting your studies at The University of Winnipeg. You can be admitted to a limited first-year program in the Faculties of Arts or Science while finishing high school. Most often dual credit courses are taken in second semester of Grade 12.

Successfully completed accelerated or "42U" courses (or equivalent dual credit courses in other Canadian Provinces) can be presented as part of the minimum high school requirements for admission, for qualification for entrance scholarships, and transferable university credit. For more information, please see the Accelerated Status Guide [PDF].

Who is Eligible?

  • Have earned at least 22 Manitoba high school credits in three years or less, and
  • Have completed at least one credit at the 40S or 41G level.


  • If you have not taken a 40S or 41G level course, you must have a minimum grade point average of 70% in Grade 11 and be currently enrolled in a 40S or 41G level course.

The University of Winnipeg currently runs several sections of our first year courses at various schools in Manitoba. Most of the courses are set up in the schools to be “dual credits” (42U), that is, the school has the Provincial Department of Education approve their application to teach the 42U course so students take it as both a high school course and a university course.  

The University of Winnipeg offers the following courses as dual credits:

  • Academic Writing
  • Anthropology
  • Biology
  • Calculus
  • Chemistry
  • Computer Science
  • Conflict Resolution Studies
  • English
  • History
  • Human Geography
  • Human Rights
  • Indigenous Studies
  • Intro to University
  • Kinesiology
  • Philosophy
  • Psychology
  • Religion and Culture
  • Sociology
  • Urban and Inner-City Studies
  • Women's and Gender Studies

The University of Winnipeg offers dual credits at the following schools:

  • CEDA Pathways to Education
  • Edward Schreyer School
  • Garden City Collegiate
  • Glenlawn Collegiate
  • Gordon Bell High School
  • J.H. Bruns
  • Lord Selkirk Regional Comprehensive Secondary School
  • Maples Collegiate
  • St. Boniface Diocesan High School
  • Sisler High School
  • Springfield Collegiate
  • Steinbach Regional Secondary School
  • The University of Winnipeg Collegiate
  • Vincent Massey Collegiate
  • West Kildonan Collegiate
  • Winnipeg Adult Education Centre

How to Apply:
Please connect with a counsellor in your high school.