fb pixel

Taxation Receipts/T2202 Forms

T2202 forms are issued online by the University once a year, on February 28, and cover ALL courses taken and paid for in the previous calendar year. For example, the form issued in February 2023 covers all courses completed in 2022 (winter, spring, and fall terms).

T2202 forms are not mailed to students. Students must log in to their WebAdvisor account to retrieve and print their own forms. SEE #7 BELOW for step-by-step instructions for retrieving T2202 forms via WebAdvisor and our top FAQs.


For questions and support, please contact the appropriate department:


Top Ten FAQs about T2202 Tax Forms

1. Why is The University of Winnipeg asking for my social insurance number (SIN)? How do I enter it?

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all designated educational institutions to submit T2202 tax forms directly to the CRA. The CRA requires that the tax forms contain students' social insurance numbers (SIN) and so The University of Winnipeg is requesting your SIN in order to comply with this requirement.

Information on this change and requirement can be found at this link.


There is module in WebAdvisor through which students add their SIN to their University record. Please follow these steps:

  1. Login to WebAdvisor
  2. Choose Social Insurance Number (SIN) Information
  3. Click on the pencil/edit icon on the right side
  4. Type in your nine-digit SIN and save

Please note: Subsection 237(1) of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. More information on this requirement can be found on the CRA websiteCRA Subsection 237(1)

2. Are all of my tuition and incidental fees claimable?

No, only the claimable fees are reflected on your T2202. The following fees are claimable for 2022:

Undergraduate/Graduate Studies

Tuition fees
Registration fees
Student Life fees
Information Technology fees
Facility fee
Fitness Centre levy
RecPlex fees
Lab fees
Online fees
Menno Simmons fees

Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) Studies

Tuition fees
Application fees

English Language Program (ELP) Studies

English as a Second Language Teacher Certificate Program fees

Academic English Level 5 fees

3. Why doesn’t the amount on my T2202 match the amount of money I paid the University?
  1. Not all fees are claimable. See the list in question #2 as well as consult the CRA’s website.
  2. The CRA requires the University to match the fees to the attendance dates of the courses, not our fee deadlines or the date of a payment. If a course spans two calendar years, the claimable amounts are split between the two calendar/tax years.
  3. Only fees that have been paid are claimable.
4. Will I be issued a T2202 if I do not provide my SIN?

Yes, T2202s will be issued for all students who paid claimable fees for the applicable year. Possible consequences from the CRA for not providing your SIN to the University as required can be here.

5. Will I be issued a T2202 if I have not paid my fees?

Only fees that have been paid are claimable. If you have only partially paid your fees, your T2202 will reflect the amount of the payment that is claimable.

6. What was the cut-off date for fee payments to be included in my 2022 T2202?

The University had to have received the payment by 4:00 pm Jan. 30, 2023. If you make a payment for 2022 fees which the University receives after Jan. 30, 2023, you may request a revision to your T2202 form.

7. How can I get my T2202?

T2202 tax forms are available on WebAdvisor. The new T2202s are posted on February 28 every year.

 Access Instructions:

  1. Go to WebAdvisor and enter your user ID and password to login.
  2. If you are logging into WebAdvisor using your user ID and temporary password, you will be prompted to change your password (9-24 characters in length, not be one of your last three passwords, at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, one special character from the following list: comma (,), exclamation mark (!), double quotation mark (“), single quotation mark (‘), number sign (#), dollar sign ($), percent sign (%), star (*), plus (+), hyphen (-), underscore (_), period (.), forward slash (/), caret (^), square open parenthesis ([), square closed parenthesis (]), accent grave (`), open parenthesis [(] or closed parenthesis [)] ).
  3. Select Tax Information.
  4. Choose the T2202
  5. Select the tax year for which you wish to print your T2202 statement.
  6. This will bring up the PDF version of your T2202.
  7. Once the PDF comes up on your screen, save it as a file on your computer and/or print it for your records.

The T2202 PDF form may not print with all browsers. Recommended browsers are Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Years prior to WebAdvisor:

The University of Winnipeg is compliant with the Canada Revenue Agency’s requirement to retain taxation documentation for a period of seven years.  Forms such as the T2202 will be available for the seven-year period. In accordance with the University Records Policy, information pertaining to periods prior to the seven-year period is destroyed and is not available from The University of Winnipeg.

8. Can I claim my textbooks?

Please consult the CRA’s website.

9. What is The University of Winnipeg’s US Tax Number for the IRS?

It’s 98-1209275.

10. Did the University implement the CRA's changes for students filing their 2017 taxes with Saskatchewan and/or Ontario?

Students filing 2017 taxes with the province of Ontario or Saskatchewan are asked to self-identify to their appropriate UWinnipeg division so that we may ensure that your T2202 is correct for your specific province. Students do not need to self-identify to file other years' taxes.