fb pixel

Out-of-Province High School Students

Definition: You are a student currently studying at a high school in another Canadian province (or have graduated from a high school in another Canadian province), and you have either completed the high school admission requirements or will complete them by the end of grade 12. Canadian applicants from outside Manitoba are considered on an individual basis.

Who is Eligible?

  • Successful completion of High School
  • Successful completion of Grade 12 English
  • Have a minimum 65% average that includes English and any other course requirements listed below
  • Successful completion of the university admission requirements of your province of origin (see below)

Admission Requirements

In order to qualify for admission to The University of Winnipeg, you need to meet the high school graduation requirements in your home province as well as any additional UWinnipeg entrance conditions. Please use the Provincial Admissions Requirements Chart [PDF] to determine requirements for each Canadian province and territory.

How to Apply:
Admissions Application

Do You Have the Pre-Requisite Courses Needed for Your Major?

Some programs require that students have certain high school courses completed before they can start their studies. Make sure to check the lists below:

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)

The University of Winnipeg recognizes the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) secondary school programs. We will take AP and IB courses into account when considering Admission Requirements, Proof of English Language Proficiency, Scholarships and University Credit. For more information, visit the Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate page.

Accelerated Status
Have you been completing university or college credits while in high school? Once successfully evaluated by UWinnipeg Admissions, completed dual credits can be presented as part of the minimum high school requirements for admission, for qualification for entrance scholarships, and transferable university credit.