Immigration Advising

Services for All Students

Personalized Advising

International, Immigrant and Refugee Student Services offers on-campus immigration advising for all currently registered or admitted international students, free of charge. This advising is offered by our Immigration Student Advisor.

Students can meet with the advisor for information, eligibility requirements, and application procedures related to any of the following:
  • Study Permit
  • Temporary Resident Visa
  • Co-op Work Permit
  • Work- On Campus, Off Campus, and Volunteering
  • Post-Graduation Work Permit
  • Spousal Work Permits
  • Visas for family members
  • Permanent Residence
  • USA Visa
  • and any other immigration related matters.

For students looking for employment regulations, please visit:

Immigration regulations and policies are subject to change. For the most up to date information, please visit the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website

Please contact IIRSS by email: or phone: 204.786.9469 for more information. To book an appointment with the advisor, please email


Quick Reference Sheets

IIRSS offers a number of quick reference sheets which guide students through completing an online permit/visa application.

Students may visit IIRSS to pick up a copy of a quick reference sheet relating to their application or can download these from our Visas and Study Permit webpage. Please note that these information sheets are meant to be used in conjunction with personalized immigration advising.

Additional Information & Assistance with IRCC Visa/Permits

General Information
Visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. For information about the Provincial Nominee Program, please visit the Manitoba Immigration website.

Online Assistance
Visit IRCC’s online Help Centre and read the tips on completing online applications. You may also wish to view the instruction guide provided for each of the different application forms (ie: Study Permit Instruction Guide)

Telephone Assistance (in Canada only)
Call 1-888-242-2100 (Open Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m)
Please note that the wait times can vary and that the Call Centre does not always accept calls during busy periods.

IRCC Web Form
Visit IRCC's Web Form to submit a question regarding an application that you have submitted. 

Important: When submitting a web form enquiry to IRCC about a specific application, it is important to provide as much information as possible to allow IRCC to respond to the situation. For example, if you are experiencing a technical difficulty, you may wish to take screen shots and upload them with your enquiry.

Further Assistance Inside and Outside of Canada (for a fee)
Find an Immigration Lawyer: Call the Lawyer Referral Program at 204-943-3602 (in Manitoba)
Find a Certified Immigration Consultant: Visit the IRCC website

Further Assistance with Applications Outside of Canada
If you have questions or need assistance with an application to be submitted outside of Canada, please contact the Canadian Visa Office or Visa Application Centre in your country of nationality or residence.