fb pixel

Administration Office

The Administration office is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Facilities Management department and provides customer service to the campus community at large by being the first point of contact. The office is responsible for:

  • Receiving and directing campus service requests to the appropriate division by entering them into the facilities maintenance service portal
  • Receiving and directing cleaning requests by entering them into the facilities maintenance service portal
  • Processing key & electronic access control requisition forms and designated authority request forms.
  • Managing the University the physical key distribution system
  • Handling the day-to-day operations of the access control systems (Salto and Genetec)
  • Updating door schedules in the access control systems
  • Receiving and directing campus cleaning requests
  • Responding to all general inquiries and concerns

The Administration office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00pm - 4:00 pm. For assistance during daytime hours, please contact 204-258-3060 (ext. 3060), facilities@uwinnipeg.ca or visit us in the basement of Bryce Hall (0B07). 

For any requests that need immediate attention after hours, please contact the Security office so they can get a hold of the appropriate on-call staff member. All emergencies should be reported to the Security office at 204-786-6666.

Frequently Asked Questions

What information should I include when submitting a service request?

Please include as many details in your request as possible:

  • Room Number
  • Building
  • Brief description
  • If the request requires you to be present, please include the best phone number to reach you at. 

Once the request has been entered into our facilities maintenance portal you will receive status update emails.

If you would like to have a piece of furniture moved out of your office/area, please complete the Surplus Furniture form before sending your service request to facilities@uwinnipeg.ca.

Can I submit service requests directly through the facilities maintenance service portal?

Service requests are tracked through our facilities maintenance service portal, HIPPO. To submit service requests directly via our service portal, access HIPPO and click on the Microsoft ADFS button to use your UWinnipeg credentials. More information on how to use the HIPPO can be found here.

How long does it take for a key and electronic access control requisition form to be processed?

It can take up to 5 business days for the Administration office to process your request. For a timely response, please ensure to fillout all fields on the form. 

Please note that a new form must be submitted for each additional request. 

Once your key(s) and card/fob is ready you will receive an email from facilities@uwinnipeg.ca.