Faculty and Staff Travel

Booking your trips: Staff and faculty are reminded that the University has a support agreement in place with Out ‘N About Travel to assist in booking trips for air travel and for hotel accommodations. While the use of Out ’N About is not mandatory for travel funded by research grants or TPDA, it is recommended to use their support whenever possible.

Vehicle Rentals: Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Canada) and National Car Rental (United States) are our preferred vehicle rental agencies for faculty and staff. We have contracted rates and special arrangements for billings. The University has a blanket rental car insurance policy through MPI, which covers staff when using a rental car for University business.

Please contact Ruth Damphouse at 204.786.9013 for information about the policy before picking up the rental car.

Peg City CoOp Vehicle Sharing: The University is a member of the Peg City Coop program for vehicle sharing in Winnipeg. Individual driver membership is only $25. Usage and billings for University business are charged to the UWinnipeg department operating account the month following usage.

Hotel Accommodations: The University is a member or CAUBO, and as such, can take advantage of national contract rates for hotels across Canada. These can be found here on the CAUBO website.

Park ’N Fly Airport Parking: As a Park ’N Fly loyalty member, the University has been able to negotiate preferred rates. Not only will you have rates considerably cheaper than parking at the airport or taking a taxi, but the parking is indoors and a convenient pickup and drop-off service is available. To benefit from these discounted rates you can register as a loyalty member here.

Park 'N Fly Rates and Information [PDF]

For more information on these services, please contact purchasing@uwinnipeg.ca.