Fees & Payments

Campus Living - Residence Fees

2016-17 Residence Fees (Pricing)

McFeetors Hall Residence Fees 16-17
Lions Manor Residence Fees 16-17
Balmoral Houses Residence Fees 16-17
Family Housing Residence Fees 16-17

2017-18 Residence Fees (Pricing)

McFeetors Hall Residence Fees 17-18
Balmoral Houses Residence Fees 17-18

Residence Fees Overview

  • Residence fees are charged for each term (Fall, Winter, Spring) and each term has its own payment deadline.
  • Residents are sent a payment schedule indicating when their payments are due.
  • Residence Fees are paid at the Campus Living Office or on the StarRez Portal
  • McFeetors Hall dorms pricing includes one of 4 meal plan options.
  • All residence fees include a non-refundable tenant insurance fee.
  • Students may select either Term Payments or Monthly Payment plan during the application process

2016-17 Term Payment Deadlines

  • Fall Term: Sept 6, 2016
  • Winter Term: Jan 4, 2017
  • Spring Term: May 1, 2017

2017-18 Term Payment Deadlines

  • Fall Term: Sept 5, 2017
  • Winter Term: Jan 4, 2018
  • Spring Term: May 1, 2018

Payments Options

Term Payments:
This is the default option where your residence fees are paid once per term. (See "Term Payment Deadlines").

Monthly Payment Plan:
This option can be selected during the application process or by contacting Campus Living, and is subject to an annual $50 fee. This option divides term residence fees into four installments, payable by the 15th of each month (See “Terms & Conditions of Payment Plans” below). Credit cards are not accepted for monthly payments. Only UWinnipeg students are eligible for the monthly payment plan option.

Family Housing Only:
Residents of Family Housing are on a monthly payment plan by default without the $50 setup fee.

Payment Methods

Peer Transfer:
peerTransfer by flywire is the preferred payment method for international students making term payments. In your peerTransfer payment information, specify the amount for residence fees and notify Campus Living of the transfer.

Read more about peerTransfer payments at »

Cheque, Cash, Debit, Canadian Money Order:
Make cheques payable to "The University of Winnipeg". 

Credit Card:
Visa and MasterCare are accepted on the StarRez Portal for application fees and deposits.

Term Residence fees may be paid by credit card on the Portal, but credit cards are not accepted for monthly payment plans.

Online Banking:
Campus Living does not recommend paying by online banking, as these payments are always applied to your tuition fees and it is not always possible to transfer these payments to residence fees.