fb pixel

Elijah Osei-Yeboah

Elijah Osei-Yeboah My homeland, Ghana, is bedeviled with many development problems. This is the main reason why I have taken a career in development. I have a BSc in Development Planning (First Class) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana and an MSc in Environment and Development (Distinction) from King’s College London, UK. Including the experiences I had at the tertiary institutions I attended, I have over 11 years of experiences in development practice and research. I have worked at universities, consultancy firms, non-governmental organizations and government institutions. 

I chose the Master’s in Development Practice (MDP): Indigenous Development for several reasons. They are not far-fetched. First, indigenous knowledge and experiences can help promote development. Second, the MDP program will prepare me further for a PhD. I need additional training in (a) program and project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and (b) quantitative research methods. Fortunately, the MDP will train me in the aforementioned areas. Third, the international field placement component of the MDP program will increase my international working experiences.