fb pixel

Rachel Bach

Rachel Bach

Ki’suk Kyukyit! (Hello!)

My name is Rachel Bach. I am from Akisq’nuk First Nation in the Ktunaxa territory in southeast British Columbia but grew up in Roblin, Manitoba. I moved to Winnipeg to attend the University of Manitoba where I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Honours Psychology.

Since graduation I have worked on various projects specializing in Aboriginal programming, workshop facilitation, and research. Most recently, I worked at Ka Ni Kanichihk Inc. with Aboriginal youth who were transitioning to the urban center. Last summer I had the opportunity to travel to rural Peru where I volunteered with children in a social work program. I am also a volunteer counsellor at the Women’s Health Clinic here in Winnipeg.

I am excited to be part of the Masters of Development Practice in Indigenous Development because I am passionate about social issues and programming. I aspire to continue servicing Indigenous people while working to empower individuals and communities. My areas of interest include: culturally sensitive programs, women’s rights, reproductive health, mental health, and resilience.