Call for Submissions
Gallery 1C03 is pleased to organize and host WHAT WE MAKE II: The University of Winnipeg Faculty, Staff and Student Art Exhibition. All current faculty, staff and students are welcome to submit up to three artworks for consideration in this exhibition. In honour of the University's 50th anniversary we would like to be able to represent the work of at least 50 creators. The exhibition will take place in Gallery 1C03 May 25 - June 23, 2017. Works will be accepted at the Gallery May 15, 16 and 17. Start planning your submission now!
- Each participant may submit up to 3 works of art for the exhibition, although Gallery 1C03 is under no obligation to include all contributions from each artist. Space considerations will be taken into account for final selections and an effort will be made to include representation of work by all participants.
- All works of art must have been completed in the last 3 years.
- Works may be presented in any media that is safe to exhibit and for which Gallery 1C03 has the requisite ability to present (examples include painting, drawing, photography, digital media, video, textiles, sculpture, ceramics, etc).
- Gallery 1C03 will be responsible for all curatorial and installation decisions for the exhibition. Gallery 1C03 reserves the right to refuse artwork if it is deemed to be offensive (ie. racist, homophobic, etc).
- Works will be on display for the duration of the exhibition and may not be removed from Gallery 1C03 until the designated pick-up dates.
- Works must be submitted in “ready to exhibit” condition (framed or ready to display in a safe and professional manner in a public gallery with required hardware affixed). Professional framing is not necessary, but works must be presentable. Hanging wire is preferred for work that is framed.
- Works that are not ready to exhibit or deemed not presentable will not be accepted.
- Every artwork entry must be accompanied by a completed submission form. Download the form here!
- Submissions can be dropped off at Gallery 1C03 on May 15, 16, and 17 between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- All participants and their family and friends are invited to the exhibition’s opening reception on Thursday, May 25 between 3:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Gallery 1C03 cannot accept responsibility for any damage or loss. Every possible precaution will be taken to secure works, but there will be no insurance coverage for this exhibition. Jewellery and small objects will be exhibited in covered cases and a gallery attendant will be present during hours of operation.
- Gallery 1C03 is a public gallery and does not facilitate the sale or hire of artwork. Purchase enquiries will be directed to the artist.
- All artworks are to be picked up Monday, June 26 between 12:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. or Tuesday, June 27 between 10:00 a.m. & 6:00 p.m.
The signature on the submission form indicates that you have read and will adhere to these guidelines.
For more information contact:
Jennifer Gibson, Director/Curator, Gallery 1C03
1st floor, Centennial Hall, The University of Winnipeg
515 Portage Ave, Winnipeg MB R3B 2E9
204.786.9253 | email@example.com
Like Gallery 1C03 on Facebook and follow us on Twitter & Instagram.