Awards and Financial Aid

The University of Winnipeg

Note! In the event of a Canada Post labour disruption, students should continue to apply for student loans and grants to support their post-secondary education. To apply for Canada Student Loans and Grants, contact your home province or territory for details. For Canada Apprentice Loans, the application is available online on the Canada Apprentice Loan (CAL) online service website. If you are having difficulty, please email us at and we will do our best to assist you.

Manitoba Student Aid recipients - In anticipation of a postal service disruption, Manitoba Student Aid stopped sending items through the mail as of Monday June 20th. Current Students will need to access their MySAO account to obtain information about their application and/or a detailed list of any required documentation. These documents can be printed from your account, or, hard copies can be picked up at either our Winnipeg or Brandon offices. For more information see their website

Out-of-Province student aid recipients - Please contact or visit your provincial government financial aid website for more information.

Award and bursary applicationscan be dropped off in-person to 2Ri06 (Awards and Financial Aid Office), or scanned to

Financial assistance administered by the Awards & Financial Aid Office supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.

The University of Winnipeg provided just over $3.6 million in scholarships and bursaries in 2014-2015 to assist students with their direct education costs – up from $2.6 million in 2007. The University also administers more than $7.5 million in annual assistance from the Manitoba Student Aid Program.

Awards are given to students based on financial need and academic achievement.

Bursaries are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.

Scholarships are awarded for academic achievement.

Prizes and Medals are awarded for academic achievement and are normally given at convocation, upon graduation.