To view the above image as a slideshow, please install or upgrade the Flash Player
2013 Spring and Summer Institutes
Explore pressing issues in the Global South from a revolutionary perspective:
- Climate Change: A Revolutionary Response*
- Gender Revolution & Armed Conflicts*
- Revolutionary Movements in South Asia*
- Revolutionary Movements in Latin America in the 20th Century*
- Global Food Security-Rights & Responses
- Post-Conflict Truth, Memory and Reconciliation
- Adventures in Global Citizenship
*Offered in both classroom and video-on-demand format.
For more information about the spring and summer institutes, click here.
Click on the image to hear Dr. Axworthy's video invitation to participate in the Spring and Summer Institute courses.
To hear student video testimonials, please see our Spring and Summer Institute page.
What is Global College?
The University of Winnipeg Global College fosters global citizenship and engagement in human rights through interdisciplinary teaching, research, dialogue, and action in local and global communities.
Global College provides students, faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and community leaders with ways to interact on their diverse perspectives about global citizenship, human rights, and other issues affecting local and global communities.
Global College is an interdisciplinary collaboration in UWinnipeg that houses two academic programs:
- BA in Human Rights & Global Studies
- MA in Peace and Conflict Studies (Joint program with the University of Manitoba)
Global College hosts seven research and public education institutes:
- Institute for Health & Human Potential
- Institute for Human Rights & Global Studies
- Institute for Literacy, Diversity & Identity
- Institute for Political and Cultural Studies of the Americas
- Institute for International Women’s Rights
- The Ridd Institute for Religion and Global Policy
- Institute for War Affected People
Global College is a doorway to the community and the world. Each year we partner with community groups and NGOs to host or co-sponsor dozens of special lectures, conferences, workshops, or advocacy initiatives related to our mandate.
For a fuller description of Global College activities, see the 2011-2012 Global College Annual Report.
For more information on Global College events email us at email@example.com, explore this website for events and for relevant links, sign up for our weekly newsletter, or give us a call at 204.988.7105.
Welcome to our world of learning and action!