To view the above image as a slideshow, please install or upgrade the Flash Player
2014 Colombia Field Course
- Indigenous and Human Rights in Latin America (includes a 16-day field course in Colombia) - HRGS-4210-730(6)/GIS-7028-730(6)
2014 Spring and Summer Institutes
Global College is pleased to announce a tentative line-up of new courses for the spring and summer session:
- Trafficking in Persons: Local to Global Dimensions (offered in-class and VOD) - HRGS-2650-750/758(3)
- A Global History of Slavery, Indentured Labour and Sexuality 1700 to present (offered in-class and VOD) - HRGS-3324-750/758(3)/HIST-3124-750/758(3)
- Investigative Journalism (offered in conjunction with the CBC and Holding to Power Account: Investigative Journalism, Human Rights, and Democracy) - HRGS-3650-050(3)/RHET-3330-050(3) -
- Religion and Culture: The Multifaith Society (with particular attention
to issues related to secularism and human rights issues reflected in the
proposed "Quebec Charter of Values") - HRGS-2650-001(3)/REL-2405-001(3)
- Human Rights, Healing, and the Human Spirit: Restoring Justice after Atrocity (in-class and VOD) - HRGS-3650-750/758(3)
- Adventures in Global Citizenship (offered in cooperation with the Canadian Museum for Human Rights) - HRGS-1600/2600-001(3)
Visit the Spring and Summer Institutes for more information.
What is Global College?
The University of Winnipeg Global College fosters global citizenship and engagement in human rights through interdisciplinary teaching, research, dialogue, and action in local and global communities.
Global College provides students, faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and community leaders with ways to interact on their diverse perspectives about global citizenship, human rights, and other issues affecting local and global communities.
Global College is an interdisciplinary collaboration in UWinnipeg that houses two academic programs:
- BA in Human Rights and Global Studies
- MA in Peace and Conflict Studies (Joint program with the University of Manitoba)
Global College hosts three research and public education institutes:
- Institute for Human Rights & Global Studies
- Institute for International Womens Rights
- The Ridd Institute for Religion and Global Policy
Global College is a doorway to the community and the world. Each year we partner with community groups and NGOs to host or co-sponsor dozens of special lectures, conferences, workshops, or advocacy initiatives related to our mandate.
For a fuller description of Global College activities, see the 2011-2012 Global College Annual Report.
For more information on Global College events email us at email@example.com, explore this website for events and for relevant links, sign up for our weekly newsletter, or give us a call at 204.988.7105.
Welcome to our world of learning and action!