University of Winnipeg | 50 Years Search

Wesley Hall Opened


JUNE 3, 1896: Wesley Hall, the first and most recognizable building on the University of Winnipeg campus, was designed jointly by architects George Brown & S. Frank Peters. The cornerstone had been laid June 26th 1894.  It is a brick building with a façade of sandstone quarried near Elbow River, AB, which was brought to Calgary and then shipped by train.  The cost of all contracts, from the stonework to the well & pump, was $71,700.32.

< Back to Milestones