Winnipeg Police Services

Student Wellness - Sexual Misconduct

Call 24/7 for emergencies: 9-1-1 Non-emergencies: 1-204-986-6222 Sex Crimes Unit: 1-204-986-6245 Sex Crimes Unit Website »

If you choose to report sexual misconduct, you have multiple on and off campus options, including Winnipeg Police Services (WPS). The other option to report is through the Human Rights and Diversity Officer under the ‘Respectful Workplace and Learning Environment’ Policy. Through WPS, you can expect:

  • If the sexual assault has happened within 72 hours, they will ask that you go to HSC for a formal Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program
  • Meet with Detective from Sex Crimes Unit, trained nurses, Klinic trained volunteers, and follow up from Victim Services Unit
  • To file an official report which may result in an investigation and laying of charges under the  Criminal Code
  • Possible court proceedings are also available to obtain protection or restraining order

All students have the option of reporting through WPS and the University of Winnipeg. If you are unsure about the process of filing a police report, you can contact UW Campus Security, or SMRT for more information.