fb pixel

Tri-Council Awards

General Information 

Eligible graduate students and prospective graduate students are encouraged to seek funding from Canada's major research granting agencies, collectively known as the Tri-Agency or Tri-Council: the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Canada Graduate Scholarships. 

These agencies offer awards to eligible graduate students at the Master's and Doctoral stages of their academic careers. There are also supplementary awards available to students. For more information regarding Tri-Council Awards, please consult the list below: 

Tri-Council Master's Awards
Tri-Council Doctoral Awards
Tri-Council Supplementary Awards
Tri-Council Application Information

Please contact the Chair of a department to find out who is the departmental representative for a particular agency. If you would like, you can discuss your eligibility with that representative.

Transcripts: Students are required to provide official transcripts from all relevant institutions for Tri-Agency applications. Obtaining these transcripts is the responsibility of the student.