Taxation Receipts/T2202A form

Fee Information

                                                     ***IMPORTANT NOTICE

                                                         SIN number REQUIRED***

For the 2019 tax year, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will require all designated educational institutions in Canada to file the T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificates forms. To prepare your T2202 form for the 2019 tax year,The University of Winnipeg will be requesting your SIN in order to comply with this requirement.

To provide their SIN to the University, registered students will receive, in their UWinnipeg webmail account, a link to a secure, confidential Qualtrics website. The link will remain active for three weeks. It is important that students provide their SIN during this period.

Please note: Subsection 237(1) of the Income Tax Act requires that you provide your SIN, upon request, to the preparer of the tax information slip. More information on this requirement can be found on the CRA websiteCRA Subsection 237(1)



SEE BELOW for step-by-step instructions for retrieving your T2202A forms via WebAdvisor and our Top FAQs.

T2202A forms for the previous calendar year will be available by February 28 through WebAdvisor

Your T2202A tax form (Tuition and Education Deduction Form) will be available to you online through your WebAdvisor account at the end of February. T2202A forms are not mailed to students. Students must go online to retrieve and print their own forms.

T2202A forms are issued online by the University once a year, at the end of February, and cover ALL courses taken and paid for in the previous calendar year. For example, the form issued in February 2019 will cover all courses completed in 2018 (winter, spring, and fall terms).

The University of Winnipeg is compliant with the Canada Revenue Agency’s requirement to retain taxation documentation for a period of 7 years. Forms such as the T2202A will be available for the 7 year period. In accordance with the University Records Policy, information pertaining to periods prior to the 7 year period is destroyed and is not available from the University of Winnipeg.

Top Eight FAQs about T2202A Tax Forms

1. How can I get my T2202A?
2008-2018 (as applicable) are available on WebAdvisor. The new T2202As are posted on February 28 every year.

Access Instructions:
1. Go to WebAdvisor and enter your user ID and password to login.
2. If you are logging into WebAdvisor using your user ID and default or reset password, you will be prompted to change your password (9-24 characters in length, not be one of your last three passwords, at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, one special character from the following list: comma (,), exclamation mark (!), double quotation mark (“), single quotation mark (‘), number sign (#), dollar sign ($), percent sign (%), star (*), plus (+), hyphen (-), underscore (_), period (.), forward slash (/), caret (^), square open parenthesis ([), square closed parenthesis (]), accent grave (`), open parenthesis [(] or closed parenthesis [)] ).
3. Once you are logged into WebAdvisor, select Current Students from the menu in the middle of the screen
4. Under Financial Information, on the left-hand side of the screen, select View my T2202A Information.
5. Select the tax year for which you wish to print your T2202A by clicking on the number for the year.
6. A summary screen will come up displaying your information for the tax year selected.
7. On the summary screen, on the top left-hand side, select Click here for PDF report.
8. This will bring up the PDF version of your T2202A.
9. Once the PDF comes up on your screen, save it as a file on your computer and/or print it for your records.

Note: T2202A tax forms for Graduate Studies commence with the 2011 tax year.


2. Are all of my tuition and incidental fees claimable?

No, only the claimable fees are reflected on your T2202A. The following fees are claimable for 2018:

Undergraduate/Graduate Studies

Tuition fees
Registration fees
Student Life fees
Information Technology fees
Facility fee
Fitness Centre levy
RecPlex fees
Lab fees
Online fees
Menno Simmons fees

Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) Studies

Tuition fees
Application fees

English Language Program (ELP) Studies

English as a Second Language Teacher Certificate Program fees

Academic English Level 5 fees

Part-Time Program – Academic Learning & Speaking and Academic Writing fees

3. Why doesn’t the amount on my T2202A match the amount of money I paid the University?
a) Not all fees are claimable. See the list in question #3 as well as consult the CRA’s website.
b) The CRA requires the University to match the fees to the attendance dates of the courses, not our fee deadlines or the date of a payment. If a course spans two calendar years, the claimable amounts are split between the two calendar/tax years.
c) Only fees that have been paid are claimable.

4. Will I be issued a T2202A if I have not paid my fees?
Only fees that have been paid are claimable. If you have only partially paid your fees, your T2202A will reflect the amount of the payment that is claimable.

5. What was the cut-off date for fee payments to be included in my 2018 T2202A?
The University had to have received the payment by 4:00 pm February 1, 2019. If you make a payment for 2018 fees which the University receives after February 1, 2019, you may request a revision to your T2202A form.

6. Is the U-Pass Fee included in my T2202A amount?
No, it is not.

 7. Can I claim my textbooks?

Please consult the CRA’s website:

8. What is The University of Winnipeg’s US Tax Number for the IRS?

It’s 98-1209275.

9. For questions and support please contact the appropriate department:

The T2202A PDF form may not print with all browsers. Recommended browsers are Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.