Medical Insurance

English Language Program

Health insurance coverage is mandatory during your stay in Canada. An international student insurance plan is provided by The University of Winnipeg with international insurance. For more information, visit

In combination with your international student insurance plan, if your study permit is longer than 6 months, you qualify for Manitoba Health Insurance at no cost and should apply as soon as you arrive. For more information visit

Please contact the ELP Registration Office for program specifice fee and coverage information:

In person: 515 Portage Avenue, Room 1C15, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada  R3B 2E9
Phone: 204.982.1703
Fax: 204.982.1707