Visas & Study Permits
Information for All Students
NOTE: All international Undergraduate students must present their original study permit to International Student Services. (Students who are studying less than six months must present the stamp on their passport to International Student Services). We must keep current records of this information to ensure your eligibility to study in Canada at the University of Winnipeg.
- Working in Canada
- How to invite a family member to visit (pdf, word)
- US Citizens/Nationals: Applying for a Study Permit at the Port of Entry (pdf, word)
IRCC Online Applications (in Canada):
- IRCC Online Account & Photo Specifications (pdf, word)
- Study Permit (pdf, word)
- Temporary Resident Visa (pdf, word)
- Co-op Work Permit (pdf, word)
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (pdf, word)
Additional resource/information sheets available upon request:
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
- Visiting/Exchange students: Immigration information
- Preparing to come to Canada
- USA B1/B-2 Visa
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (Quick Reference) (pdf, word)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (pdf, word)
- Submitting an EOI for the MPNP (pdf, word)
Additional Information & Assistance with IRCC Visas/Permits
For more information on other resources available to assist you with your IRCC Visa/Permit application, please visit our Immigration Advising webpage.
Delaying your Studies
International students may experience delays or choose to delay the start of their studies for a variety of reasons. Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning your arrival:
- Undergraduate students can begin their studies at three different times during the year : Fall (September), Winter (January) and Spring (May)
- Undergraduate students are issued a letter of acceptance from The University of Winnipeg is valid for twelve months (three terms). Check your Letter of Acceptance to determine what terms are available to you.
If, for any reason, you need to change the date that you will be starting your studies, make sure to inform your program office contact in ELP, PACE, or Graduate Studies. If you are an Undergraduate student, you can inform The University of your intention to change your start date by completing the Change Start Term form.
If you have previously studied at The University of Winnipeg and more than one year has passed since your most recent registration, please read and submit the Application for Continuance.