Student Financial Support
Master’s in Development Practice (MDP) in Indigenous Development
The University of Winnipeg and the University of Winnipeg Foundation have demostrated their commitment to the MDP program through vigorous fundraising. Through the generosity of donors, several scholarships and bursaries are earmarked for MDP applicants, including:
- CN MDP Scholarship
- Duff Roblin Graduate Fellowships
- The Gary Doer Award
- Louis Riel Bursary
- The Manitoba Hydro MDP Scholarship
- Master’s in Development Practice Award
The UWinnipeg Graduate Studies also offers a variety of awards.
The UWinnipeg Awards & Financial Aid Office has further information regarding student support.
While the individual amount varies depending on eligibility, financial need and merit, to date, all MDP students have been provided with generous levels of financial support.
*Students are actively encouraged to apply for major and external scholarships such as Manitoba Graduate Studies Scholarship (MGS), UWinnipeg Graduate Studies Scholarship (UWGSS) and the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) simultaneously when applying to the MDP. MDP students are highly competitive candidates and have been awarded these prestigious scholarships every year. Application deadline for these awards is March 1st.
Additional funding opportunities include the following. Students are advised to carefully consider eligibility requirements.
- Tri-Council (NSERC, SSHRC & CIHR)
- Emerging Leaders of America Scholarship Program
- JJ/WBG Scholarship Program **Please note that while MDP UW isn't specifically listed on the site, it is an eligible university.
- The Organization of American States (OAS) (For International Students only)
- Holiday Inn Indigenous Scholarship
- Lilah Fahlman Scholarship
- Roberta Sykes Scholarship
- Dr. Douglas W. Leatherdale Global Citizen Internships
- President's Scholarship for World Leaders