English Language Programs
July Intensive Program
International Students applying for these programs must meet the following requirements:
- Meet Canadian visa requirements. Those who wish to visit the U.S. are advised to obtain a U.S. visitor's visa before leaving their home country
- Have some knowledge of English. It is expected that students have studied some English in their country in the past
The July Intensive Program will be offered during the following dates:
July 7 - August 1, 2014
(in Canadian funds)
|Tuition Registration deposit||$400|
|Balance of Tuition||$1,050|
|Homestay Placement Fee||$200|
|Monthly Homestay Fee||$675|
|Health Insurance||Single $49.50
To apply for the July Intensive Program, students should submit the following:
- Completed application form
- $100 Application Fee
- $400 Registration Deposit (full tuition is due one week before the start of the program)
- a completed application form for Homestay as well as $200 Placement Fee and $675 Homestay Fee, if applicable
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the application forms. This software can be downloaded for free from Adobe's website.
You can also request application forms and program brochure via postal mail from email@example.com. Please include your full name and address.
The Application deadline is one week before the start of the program. You should submit your application earlier if you expect to wait to obtain your study permit.
The $400 Registration Deposit and $200 Homestay Placement Fee are non-refundable. The $1050 Tuition Fee is non-refundable after June 25, 2014. The $675 First Month Homestay Fee is non-refundable after the student has moved in with the host family, or after the program has begun, whichever comes first. No refunds and/or transfers will be processed after June 25, 2014.
Students who are denied a study permit will be refunded all fees minus a $50 Administration Fee. Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and accompanied by official documentation showing that the student's application for study permit has been rejected.
Payment may be made by cash, cheque, debit card, Visa, Mastercard, money order or wire transfer.
If you wish to make payment with a wire transfer, please let the program know.
Fees and dates are subject to change without notice. The University of Winnipeg reserves the right to cancel any program, in which case all fees and deposits will be refunded.