Canada-CARICOM Leadership Exchange Scholarships
Canada-CARICOM Leadership Exchange Scholarships are an extension of the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarships Program and includes all member and associate member states of the CARICOM. Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships provide short-term student opportunities for study or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels at Canadian universities, including The University of Winnipeg.
For more information on Canada-CARICOM Leadership Exchange Scholarship values, duration, eligibility, application process, and review procedures visit the Government of Canada Canada-CARICOM Leadership Exchange Scholarships website.
All COMPLETE applications forwarded to The University of Winnipeg by 5:00 pm on April 15 will be considered for nomination to the Canada-CARICOM Scholarship.
Students will be notified of their acceptance by July 31.
Accepted students will be able to spend one term on our campus beginning either in September or January.
If you are an international undergraduate or graduate student considering applying to the CARICOM, please review the following information:
1. Check to see if you are from an eligible country.
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitt's and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos
2. If you are interested in the program, and you are a citizen of an eligible country, send an email to email@example.com. Your e-mail should include your area of academic interest and the name of your university, as The University of Winnipeg can accept applications only from students who are currently students of a university with which we have a formal agreement.
3. We will notify you by email of your eligibility to apply for the program, and provide you with the contact information for a faculty sponsor to help you select courses.
4. After you have selected courses with a UW faculty sponsor, you may submit an application to The University of Winnipeg. The University's application deadline is April 15; late applications cannot be accepted.
Your application must contain ALL of the following materials:
- Proof of English Language proficiency (http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/future-student/international/lang-req.html).
- Letter of Permission from home university
- Letter of intent (in English) from the candidate explaining purpose for study and contribution to ongoing study or research.
- Short letter (in English) from the home university stating that the student is currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and will continue to be enrolled upon his/her return to the home country.
- Letter of support from the student’s professor or the International Director at the home institution explaining the nature of studies and how the student and home institution will benefit from this scholarship program
2. Copy of passport or National Identity Document
3. Signed privacy statement (from CBIE)
4. A completed Registration Form with courses approved by faculty sponsor
5. Official sealed copy of your university transcript(s)
6. Health Insurance application (GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY)
7. Short invitation letter from UW Sponsor
Submit your application to:
The University of Winnipeg
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
Attention: Shauna MacKinnon
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org