English Language Program
About Winnipeg and Manitoba
The University of Winnipeg is conveniently located in the centre of downtown Winnipeg. Winnipeg is a friendly, vibrant city, and the capital of the Province of Manitoba in Canada. This urban centre boasts all the conveniences of a modern bustling city, yet is safe and very easy to get around. As well, the cost of living in Winnipeg is low compared to other major Canadian cities.
People from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds make up this prairie city. Each summer, Manitoba hosts a large number of festivals that celebrate the art, music, food, and traditions of many cultural groups. The city of Winnipeg has won international recognition in the arts and in sports.
- Tourism Winnipeg: A Complete Guide To Visiting Winnipeg
- Welcome to the City of Winnipeg!
- Travel Manitoba: Information on Manitoba's historic landmarks and festivals, as well as our vibrant arts and entertainment attractions
- Folklorama (Multi-cultural Festival)
- Festival du Voyageur (winter celebration of Manitoba's French-Canadian history)
- Jazz Festival (Music)
- Fringe Festival (Theatre)
- Folk Festival (Music)
Entertainment, Sports and Arts
- Winnipeg Goldeyes Baseball Team
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Team
- The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Team
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Royal Winnipeg Ballet
- Manitoba Theatre Centre
- University of Winnipeg Wesmen Athletics