1st Year Residence Guarantee
Campus Living - Apply
Students must meet the Eligibility Criteria and follow the 1st Year Guararantee Application Process to qualify.
See below for details.
May 1, 2017 is the deadline to submit a 2017-18 application.
2017-18 applications are scheduled to be available from December 1, 2016 to May 1, 2017.
What is UWinnipeg’s 1st Year Residence Guarantee?
UWinnipeg’s 1st Year Residence Guarantee is unique in Manitoba.
Eligible 1st Year UWinnipeg students who follow the Application process below are guaranteed occupancy in UWinnipeg residence for Fall-Winter 2017-18! (1st Year Guarantee does not apply to other terms such as Winter and Spring terms.)
You are eligible to apply only if you:
- Receive a UWinnipeg Admission Letter for the 2017-18 Academic Year;
- Have a valid UWinnipeg Student number;
- Will be registered classes at UWinnipeg for the first time in Fall 2017;
- Will live in residence in both Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 terms;
- Submit and complete your application according to the instructions and deadlines below.
Note: 1st Year Residence Guarantee applies to Fall + Winter terms only, and does not apply to Fall-only (visiting students), Winter-only, or Spring-only terms.
1st Year Residence Guarantee Application Process
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you may apply for a guaranteed UWinnipeg residence accommodation. A room is guaranteed only once the follow process is complete:
- Register or login to the Campus Living StarRez Portal »
- Submit a “1st Year Residence Guarantee 2017-18” Application on the Portal between December 1, 2016 and May 1, 2017. A Deposit* is required to submit your Application. May 1, 2017 is the deadline to submit a 1st Year Guarantee application for Fall-Winter 2017-18.
- Complete your Application on the Portal between May 1 and May 24, 2017 – The final application pages will be accessible only between these two dates and must be completed to fully guarantee your room. These pages include selecting your meal plan, payment option, and Winter Break occupancy, and reading and affirming the Campus Living Contract.
Failure to complete the application during this time will lose your residence guarantee, and you will be placed in a queue for the next available room.
* Before You Pay Your Deposit: Be sure that you will move into the room before paying the deposit! Once you pay the deposit, it is not refundable until after your complete your residence occupancy. Read Section 1 of the Contract for more details »
What Room Types are Available?
- Available room types are McFeetors Hall Single or Double Dorm with Meal Plan, and Balmoral Single Room. Learn more about room types here »
- On the online application, you can rank your room preferences. (*1)
- Specific rooms type are allocated to 1st Year Students by Campus Living in the order that applications are submitted, ased on availability. This means that the sooner you pay your deposit and submit your application, the better chance you have of being offered your top-ranked room type.
- Campus Living will then send a room confirmation email to the email address you registered with on the StarRez Portal.
(*1) Note: A room offer is guaranteed, but not necessarily your top-ranked room type. While Campus Living makes every effort to fulfill each student’s room preferences, an offer of top-ranked preferences cannot be guaranteed.
What are the Benefits of 1st Year Guarantee?
1st Year Guarantee offers the following benefits to eligible First Year UWinnipeg students:
- Best University Experience – Living on Campus means getting the best out of the 1stYear University experience.
- Peace of mind – Students can apply to UWinnipeg assured of having a home right on campus.
- Apply for study visas sooner – Confirmation of residence is available as soon as the application Deposit is paid, making it quicker to apply for study visas. No need to wait until June for a specific room offer!
- Priority placement – Priority placement for first-year students means a higher chance of getting a top-ranked room preference.