Correct Logo Usage
Please uphold the following rules of use for the UWinnipeg logo.
- Don't change the font used in the logomark.
- Don't separate the parts of the logo (crest and logo type). In special circumstances, the crest may be used alone; this use requires authorization from the Marketing and Communications department.
- Don't alter the logo text to include your faculty, department, or unit name. Some authorized logo variants, including unit-level variations, are available via the Marketing and Commuincations department. Use only approved sub-brand logos.
- Don't change the colours or any part of the logo; always use one of the official versions.
- Don't stretch or distort the logo; when using the logo, always check that the correct proportions are retained.
- Don't place the logo within a box, circle, or other shape/outline.
- A minimum amount of clear space must be observed on all sides of the logo (clear space is equal to the height of the crest).
- To ensure legibility, use the logo at vertical sizes no smaller than 1/4" or 40 pixels (horizontal version) and 3/8" or 50 pixels (left-stack version).
- When placing the logo on a colour, texture, or photograph, use the logo version that provides maximum legibility.
- Ensure the contrast between the logo and background are sufficiently high so that all parts of the logomark are legible.
- When placing the logo over photos or textures, the logo should be set in a clear area where the background does not interfere with legibility.
If you have any questions about correct or authorized logo usage, please contact the Marketing and Communications department at email@example.com.
Note: The University of Winnipeg's formal Brand Identity Policy can be found here.