Events and Resources
Awards and Financial Aid
Awards and Financial Aid is a team of student service professionals that can assist you with a variety of questions and concerns you may have about paying for school. Finances can be a very stressful topic for most students - but it doesn't have to be if you have a plan.
- Awards, Bursaries and Scholarships Handbook
- Planning Your Finances for Post-Secondary
- Funding Poster for Aboriginal Students
- Funding Poster for International Students
- Funding Poster for Students with Disabilities
- Tips on Applying for Awards
- 2016-17 Donor Recognition Form
- Awards Night of Excellence - An annual reception honouring our outstanding scholarship winners and the generosity of our donors (by invitation only).
- Open House - Future students and their families are welcome to come and tour the campus, meet with recruitment professionals and discover the University of Winnipeg. Awards and Financial Aid will have an information booth, so come and ask us any questions you may have. See you there!
- Orientation Week - Orientation for first-year students and their families.
- How to Apply for Awards Information Session - This information session is for any UW student looking for guidance on filling out our application forms or wanting to know more about UW award programs. This session will be held on Thurs. Sept 8 from 11:30-12:30. Space is limited so if you would like to attend, email email@example.com.
Income, Expenses and Your Budget Information Session - If you are interested in learning how to prepare a budget or manage your finances better in a fun and informative group setting, attend this session on Thursday November 24 from 6-9 pm in Room 2M70. Coffee, tea and cookies will be provided.
- Future Student Night - Join us for an evening of interactive displays, campus tours and an opportunity to talk with Deans, Professors, current students and staff about your future at The University of Winnipeg.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
Applying for awards at The University of Winnipeg is easy! Fill out the 2016-17 UW award applications.